Jan 22, 2010

Variations on a Theme rectangle #3

Note: this stitch pattern is the same as square #1.

Rectangle #3 (make 4)

Row 1: Ch 14, sc in second ch from hook, (skip next 2 ch, 5 dc in next ch--shell made, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch) across, turn.

Row 2: Ch 5 (counts as dc and ch 2), sc in center dc of first shell, ch 2, dc in next sc, ch 2, sc in center dc of next shell, ch 2, dc in next sc, turn.

Row 3: Ch 6 (counts as dc and ch 3), sc in next sc, ch 3, dc in next dc, ch 3, sc in next sc, ch 3, dc in next dc, turn.

Row 4: Ch 1, sc in first dc, (ch 2, dc in next sc, ch 2, sc in next dc) across, turn.

Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first sc, (shell in next dc, sc in next sc) across, turn.

Rows 6-16 or until same number or rows as square #1: Repeat rows 2-5, ending with row 2 or 4.

At end of last row, fasten off.


8 comments:

Kath said...

Anyone else having problems with row 1 already? Ive done it twice and can't seem to make it work on a ch 14. I'll go try it again

Kath said...

Ignore that lol the third time it worked fine, I have no idea what I was doing wrong but I apparently need more coffee!

Crochet Lina said...

Kath, i had the same problem as u when i was going to crochet square #10, i don't know what happened, but I had to start 5 times before I got it right and I have no idea where and why I was doing the same mistake over and over again.

Netagene said...

I got half way through square 2 - I'm that far behind! still intend to do it all - got sick big time (funny description on blindedbyinsight.blogspot.com), can hardly move the mouse, much less a crochet hook!

TheGrouchyCairn said...

Gah! I'm falling so far behind, I've been working on dog show stuff. I hope to be back to this soon. Love the look of all the squares, though!

The Dixon Chick said...

Going through withdrawal.
Need..... another......square! (imagine William Shatner as Captain Kirk saying it)
Hugs to all!

Carolyn Christmas said...

These squares are looking so pretty! We had to run off to watch the grandsons' Pinewood Derby for a couple of days but are back now and getting ready to post another square! Don't worry about falling behind :) :) Yours will all come together eventually and I'll be leaving these instructions up. Kudos to everyone for the accomplishment!

BlueRoseLover said...

*happy dance of joy*