Jan 24, 2010

Variations on a Theme Square #16

Square #16
Row 1: Ch 32, sc in second ch from hook, (ch 1, skip next ch, dc in next 3 ch, ch 1, skip next ch, sc in next ch), across, turn.

Row 2: Ch 5 (counts as dc and ch 2), bpdc around center dc of next 3-dc group, ch 2, dc in next sc, (ch 2, bpdc around center dc of next 3-dc group, ch 2, dc in next sc) across, turn.

Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first dc, (ch 1, dc in next ch-2 sp, fpdc around next dc, dc in next ch-2 sp, ch 1, sc in next dc) across, turn.

Rows 4-16 or until piece is square, or almost square:
Repeat rows 2-3 ending with row 2.
At end of last row, fasten off.

To make this stitch pattern any size, begin with ch multiple of 6 plus 2.

6 comments:

Kath said...

Woot, caught up, this one is really beautiful!!

bwd said...

It's a challenge to keep up but I never would have finished an afghan so quickly on my own. Seeing the end in sight and digging everyone's different takes on color.

BlueRoseLover said...

LOVE this block. Gorgeous!!

Crochet Lina said...

Carolyn, I have a question... I wonder if it's ok for me to translate your afghan pattern to swedish for all swedish crocheter who doesn't know the english crochet terms.. Cuz I really enjoy this CAL and I'm sure there will be other sweds who will do the same..

Carolyn Christmas said...

Lina, thanks for your offer to translate into Swedish. I'd love for you to do this if you wish, with credit. That would be wonderful!

Jan said...

Caroline,

Just wanted to express my appreciation for your sharing this wonderful afghan design. I never finish afghans because of "same block" fatigue. These different and interesting blocks are keeping me trying to keep up with you!