Jan 13, 2010

Variations on a Theme Square #9

Square #9
Row 1: Ch 32, sc in second ch from hook, * ch 1, skip next ch, dc in next 3 ch, ch 1, skip next ch, sc in next ch **, skip next 2 ch, 5-dc in next ch--shell made, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch; repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, turn.

Row 2:
Ch 4 (counts as dc and ch 1), * bpdc around next dc, fpdc around next dc, bpdc around next dc, ch 1, dc in next sc **, ch 2, sc in center dc of next shell, ch 2, dc in next sc, ch 1; repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, turn,

Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first dc, * ch 1, bpdc around next dc, fpdc around next dc, bpdc around next dc, ch 1, sc in next dc **, shell in next sc, sc in next dc; repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, turn,

Rows 4-16 or until piece is square, or almost square: Repeat rows 2-3, ending with row 2.

At end of last row, fasten off.

To make this stitch pattern any size, begin with ch multiple of 6 plus 2.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok ..today is the day I jump back in and do the edgings on the first 7 and do square 8 and 9!

BlueRoseLover said...

Go, Kath, go!! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

I love these with the front and back post crochets! I need to start my edge rounds too. You have really made these so much fun, thank you!!

Crochet Lina said...

Omg, I have never joined a crochet a long before cuz i learned the english crochetterms less than 1 year ago but I really love this and the pattern gives me no hard time, you explained it in an easy way thank you Carolyn.. BTW I am a swedish crocheter so just for your information, there will be an afghan made from your pattern even here in Sweden. :) I make mine in varigated blue with a yellow border, just like our flag. :)) Keep up the good job.... Sorry if i did some misspelling..

Unknown said...

Hmm I cant vote on the next Crochet-a-long, it says I have to be signed in to vote and I am signed in lol

Mary Hunt said...

I'm so excited everyday to get the instructions for the next square. So far, square #8 is my favorite.

Debbie said...

I'm having a ball with these squares! I have the first eight bordered already and am about half way through the ninth. I think there may be a typo in this one. In Row 3, after Ch 1, shouldn't it say sc in first dc, rather than sc in first sc? Thanks for the fun!

Carolyn Christmas said...

Oops--thanks Debbie! Fixed.

Anonymous said...

Love the bpdc and fpdc! This is my favorite so far, too! :)

Mary said...

8 Complete! This is fun. I'm just suprised that I'm caught up. I agree with the comments about the front and back posts, they look great.

Your directions are clear and easy to follow, even without the pictures, which was fun! Love the mystery. But, the pictures are great.

Did find a mistake on #6 on row one- after *, "ch-1 space of next shell" should be "next chain" - cause the shells are not made yet.

Great job!