Jan 15, 2010

Variations on a Theme Square #10

Square #10
Row 1: Ch 32, sc in second ch from hook, * skip next 2 ch, 5 dc in next ch--shell made, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch **, ch 2, skip next 2 ch, dc in next ch, ch 2, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch; repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, turn.

Row 2: Ch 5 (counts as dc and ch 2), sc in center dc of first shell, ch 2, dc in next sc, (ch 2, sc in next dc, ch 2, dc in next sc, ch 2, sc in center dc of next shell, ch 2, dc in next sc) across, turn.

Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first dc, * shell in next sc, sc in next dc **, ch 2, dc in next sc, ch 2, sc in next dc: repeat from * across ending last repeat at **, turn.

Rows 4-16 or until piece is square, or almost square: Repeat rows 2-3, ending with row 2.

At end of last row, fasten off.

To make this stitch pattern any size, begin with ch multiple of 6 plus 2.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I do this one I need to start adding my rounds.
This one is very lacy.

Sue said...

Wow! I miss 2 days (I have to work some time!) and when I come back it all changed. This is a really exciting way of crocheting. This is my first CAL and it won't be my last. Many thanks as I am really enjoying the journey.

Lori said...

I love this! Thank you so much for posting it all! I think by doing one square a day, I might actually finish this project.

Side note, I think you forgot to add the ** in row 3. I do believe it should go here....* shell in next sc, sc in next dc**

Mary said...

Very Nice!

How do you approach designing a project like this? I'd love to hear your process.

Carolyn Christmas said...

Thanks Lori-- fixed. That is a very good question Mary Beth and I'll talk a bit about the design process for this in a post at some point. Thanks for asking.

bwd said...

My process for approaching this CAL is to give up control. Not sure what will happen or if I will even like the result. Come on, you know you are all thinking this way..