Jan 9, 2010

Variations on a Theme Square #5

Square #5

Row 1: Ch 33 (last 3 ch count as dc), (dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in sixth ch from hook, skip next 2 ch, dc in next ch, * skip next 2 ch, (dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in next ch--shell made, skip next 2 ch, dc in next ch; repeat from * across, turn.

Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc), * (dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in next ch-1 sp, dc in single dc between shells; repeat from * across, ending with dc in last dc, turn.

Rows 3-12 or until piece is square, or almost square: Repeat row 2.

At end of last row, fasten off.

To make this stitch pattern any size, begin with ch multiple of 6 plus 3.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I better get crackin'. I still have #4 to do! :D

Kristine Mullen said...

Just read about your crochet-a-long. You're only on square #5 so hopefully I'm not too behind & can get caught up.

~Kristine

Sam said...

I stumbled across your crochet-a-long..somewhere, and I've finished the first 4. Just wanted to say I'm enjoying it - hoping you don't storm off ahead too fast ;-)

(Trying not to think of the other wips I'm supposed to be doing!)